Thursday, October 30, 2008

Join Me in Prague!

Earlier this week the MCT team here at Microsoft Learning went live with the MCT Summit 2009 web site. There's information about the two currently scheduled summits:

  • Prague, Czech Republic - Jan 6, 2009 - Jan 9, 2009
  • Redmond, Washington, US - Jan 20, 2009 - Jan 23, 2009

We're also going to be announcing a 3rd Asia-Pacific region event soon, but the dates and location aren't yet finalized.

But the excitement here[1] today is that I will be attending the Prague event. I wasn't sure until today if I would be able to make it to Prague, but everything has come together and I will be there representing Microsoft Learning in my new Quality Architect role.

And for my own personal pleasure, I'm hoping to do a repeat performance of my "SSIS deep dive" session from February's MCT Summit event in Redmond, and present an "Everything you ever wanted to know about SSIS but were afraid your students would ask" technical session in addition to my Microsoft Learning presentations. The Summit schedule is still up in the air, but even if I can't get on the official schedule I will still do the session if I can find a room and an audience.[2] If you're interested, let me know early, ok?

I'll see you there!

[1] "Here" in this case is my office in New York - I'm sure that everyone at Microsoft Learning in Redmond is probably saying "Oh no, not that guy again!" ;-)

[2] This is what happened in Redmond at the 2008 MCT Summit. Everything came together at the last minute, so there was no way to get on the real schedule, but we ended up with a few dozen MCTs who stuck around for almost four hours of SSIS goodness, even though Microsoft was supplying MCTs with free drinks and food on the other side of town, How's that for commitment?

No comments: