Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SSIS in Stockholm 2.0

Last autumn I visited the beautiful country of Sweden for the first time. I delivered a two-day SQL Server Integration Services "advanced topics" seminar in Stockholm and presented at the Swedish SQL Server User Group one evening as well.[1] I had a great time and based on their evaluations the seminar attendees did too.

So we're doing it again.

On October 1 and 2, I will be back in Stockholm for another SSIS seminar. The outline looks like this:

  • SSIS development best practices
  • SSIS deployment best practices
  • Extending SSIS packages through custom .NET code using the Script Task and Script Component
  • Using open source tools to enhance the SSIS development lifecycle
  • Building a custom configuration solution to move beyond the built-in configuration features
  • "Elegant solutions for common problems" utilizing SSIS expressions to build real-world packages
  • Adding data mining to your SSIS packages
  • Performance tuning the SSIS data flow
  • New SSIS features in SQL Server 2008
  • Lots of opportunities for Q&A and real-world SSIS discussion

It's always a real joy for me to speak on my favorite topic (SSIS) and this seminar is going to be doubly exciting. Not only do I get to return to Stockholm, I also get two full days to present on some of my favorite subjects, do lots of hands-on demos, share some cool code, and above all share my passion and excitement for the SSIS platform with everyone involved.

So if you're going to be in Stockholm at the beginning of October, you should definitely plan on attending this event. And if you're not going to be in Stockholm, you should plan on coming anyway. The city is beautiful this time of year, the food is amazing, and the seminar content will be even better.

[1] I also had some of the best food I've ever eaten, got to explore a truly beautiful city, and meet some really nice people.

No comments: